Re: [Nmh-workers] (OT) On the road to vi... (was "nmh current developmen

From: Neil W Rickert
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] (OT) On the road to vi... (was "nmh current development")
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:35:44 -0500

Chad Walstrom <address@hidden> wrote on May 12, 2005:

>On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 01:32:52PM -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:
>> Hey guys, can we concentrate on more important things ... like making fun
>> of all of those losers who are using mutt? :-)

>I would use nmh more often if it understood how to dequote MIME text
>before a reply. ;-)

When using command line nmh, I do

        mhstore -part 2         ## that usually the text part.

then, in reply

        :r !dosixq filename.txt

where "filename.txt" is what mhstore wrote.  Here "dosixq" is just a
small script that converts DOS line endings to unix line endings
(sometimes needed), quotes each line with "<", and adds a little
comment about why sending html is a bad idea.  The latter is because
most of the messages that need this treatment are multi-part
alternative with an html component.

I could probably automate the above with a shell script replacement
to "repl", but fortunately most of my email is still plain text, so
it hasn't been worth the effort.

But I mostly use exmh (with "vi" as editor), and in that case I can
just use

        :r !dosix2 @

to bring in the appropriate reply text.

 -NWR