Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh updates

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh updates
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:33:00 +0100 (BST)

 --- Jon Steinhart <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just checked out the CVS so that I could fix some bugs.  I noticed
> that there
> is no config.h.in or configure as part of the distribution.  Anyone
> mind if I
> add those.  Doing so will make the INSTALL instructions work.  Or, I
> could
> change the INSTALL instructions, but I think that the first option is
> the right one.

configure is a generated file and it is normal not to check generated
files into version control. They inevitably end up getting out of sync
with the originals.
I'd have thought the right thing to do is to update the INSTALL
instructions with a section describing building from cvs.

Oliver

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com