Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple usage

From: Jerry Peek
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] multiple usage
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:17:57 -0700

On 27 July 2004 at 9:31, Neil W Rickert <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Denis Lagno" <address@hidden> wrote on Jul 26, 2004:
>
> >I wonder is it possible to compose or reply simultaneously many messages.
> >I find it useful, especially on dial-up machines when you want to write many
> >messages offline.
> >It seems that currently usage of single draft file or @ file prevents
> >multithreading usage??
>
> You can have a "drafts" folder.  That allows many mails to be
> in process of editing concurrently.

You may not have seen the online "MH & nmh" book, Denis.  It explains
stuff like this in detail.  http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mh/book/
(and mirrors, some possibly linked from its out-of-date home page).

> "@" will refer to the most recent message that is being replied to.
> There is only one of those.

I think there can be one "@" link in each directory, can't there, Neil?
So if Denis starts composing draft 1 in directory "foo", then does
"cd bar", he can compose draft 2 there and the "@" will be linked to
the correct message??

By the way, Denis, these "@" links will disappear and will *not* be
re-created if you quit composition (with:  What now? quit) and start
again later (with:  comp -use -draftmessage n).

Jerry
--
Jerry Peek, address@hidden, http://www.jpeek.com/