Re: [Nmh-workers] lost in a maze of dbm's, all different

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] lost in a maze of dbm's, all different
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:24:02 -0400

thanks glenn --

 > You can use gdbm.
 >
 > I don't have a Redhat system (I use Mandrake).  I recently changed the
 > configure script to look for either db or gdbm.  So where are the headers
 > stored on your system for the database package you've installed?  Which
 > database package have you installed that includes "dbm_open()" ??
 >
 > The library search is for -lndbm, -ldbm, -ldb1, and finally -lgdbm.
 > The header search is <db1/ndbm.h>, <gdbm/ndbm.h>.

all i see in configure.in (i'm talking about 1.1RC2) is:
    dnl --------------
    dnl CHECK FOR NDBM
    dnl --------------
    dnl Checks for ndbm
    AC_CHECK_FUNC(dbm_open, ,
      AC_CHECK_LIB(ndbm, dbm_open, ,
        AC_CHECK_LIB(dbm, dbm_open)))

    dnl ----------------
    dnl CHECK FOR NDBM.H
    AC_CHECK_HEADERS(db1/ndbm.h)

should there be more?

our redhat 9 systems seem to rely on libgdbm, and /usr/include/gdbm.h
and /usr/include/gdbm/ndbm.h.

 > Can you send me 'config.log' from your system?

sure -- i'll send it under separate cover.

paul

 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 72.9 degrees)