netftpserver-general

[Net::FTPServer] FTP over SSL

From: Jason Rust
Subject: [Net::FTPServer] FTP over SSL
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:29:08 -0700

Hello,
I'm wondering how hard it would be to implement FTPS (i.e. FTP over TLS/SSL)?
I saw there was a discussion about implementing SFTP a while back, but it
seemed like that would be a bit complicated.  Maybe I'm woefully ignorant
here, but couldn't FTPS be set up by replacing IO::Socket with
IO::Socket::SSL?  I know a few extra options would have to be set, such as
the certificate, but it seems doable at first glance.

Thanks,
-Jason