Re: [Nel] Re: Additional collisions in a landscape - How-to

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] Re: Additional collisions in a landscape - How-to
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:32:24 +0200

> Here is what I've understood and tested about the creation of additional
> collisions in a landscape, thanks to the help from Benjamin Legros
> http://mapage.noos.fr/phlam/nel/collisions/index.htm
>
> (Sorry, the previous post wasn't in pure bare poor linux-like text)
> Any comment and discussion is welcome
>
> Philippe Lamoureux (phlam)

Hi Mr Phlam,

Your doc looks great. :-)

Remaks:

The "Evil" material ID 666 is deprecated. It has been
remplaced by the node properties flag 'Collision Mesh Exterior'.

NeL collision can't make bridge with mesh for the moment.
But, the internal collision mesh can be "bigger" than the external.
We use this trick to build virtual indoor bigger than view
from outside and it works. The internal collision mesh doesn't
make collisions when your are outside. But, as external collision
mesh must be done in one piece, you can't do bridges for the
moment.

Cyril Corvazier, corrected by Benjamin Legros