nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] should nano open file browser when a directory is given

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] should nano open file browser when a directory is given on command line?
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 21:16:26 +0200

[Please use a meaningful subject line for an email.]

Op 09-10-18 om 03:29 schreef Pranav Joglekar:
> When we open a folder in vim it displays the list of files in that folder.
> What
> do you think about adding a similar functionality to nano?

What if the user specifies several files plus a directory on the
command line?  Should then, when the user tries to switch to the
buffer that corresponds to the directory, nano switch suddenly to
the file browser?  Yes, vim does that, but I find that weird.  I
like the current behavior: a warning on the status bar that one
of the names given on the command line is a directory.

> Should I start working on it?

No.

Benno