nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] File size problem in the status bar

From: Liu Hao
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] File size problem in the status bar
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 15:44:44 +0800

在 07/21/2018 02:45 PM, Benno Schulenberg 写道:
Thanks for reporting.  Confirmed.  I have rereported the issue on Savannah:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54344.  That is the place for bug reports.

Yeah I know that. I sent the previous mail just because I have no account there.

It seems you are running a modified nano, because current git (nor the
commit that you referred to, c46696d4) has a call to parse_rcfile() on
line 1239 -- it has it on line 1200.

So... I am guessing your bogus file sizes are caused by the changes
you made to nano.  If you post the full patch of your changes...

Yes, but I didn't touch 'rcfile.c'. The only C source file I modified was 'search.c' and all other files were .nanorc files.

```
address@hidden ~/nano $ git diff origin/master > my_nano.diff
```
This file has been attached with this mail.

BTW, I notice that there is no such line in my working copy either. I can confirm that the binary I was running was really built from this source. This is probably a valgrind bug I think.

```
address@hidden ~/nano $ nano --version
 GNU nano from git, v2.9.8-55-g3c975a5b
 (C) 1999-2011, 2013-2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 (C) 2014-2018 the contributors to nano
 Email: address@hidden  Web: https://nano-editor.org/
 Compiled options: --disable-justify --disable-libmagic --enable-utf8
address@hidden ~/nano $ git log -n4 --oneline
3c975a5b (HEAD -> master) Reload last search string if any.
f7e21558 Added highlighting of trailing whitespace in the default scheme.
0cb059ab Added highlighting of C++11 keywords and special identifiers.
c46696d4 (origin/master, origin/HEAD) tweaks: delete some old debugging code that no longer seems useful
address@hidden ~/nano $
```

--
Best regards,