nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Thoughts

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Thoughts
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:41:56 -0500

markweston wrote:
> How do I rebind toggling line numbers (which is M-# by default,
> right?) to something else? M-# is intercepted by dwm before it reaches
> nano.

Yes, that's the default.  However, there's no way to rebind a global
toggle like M-#.  However, there may still be a solution to the problem.

I'm not familiar with dwm, but if the key that you're using for Meta-#,
which dwm is intercepting, is Alt-#, try pressing Escape followed by #
instead.  (You can generate Meta-<whatever> by pressing Escape followed
by <whatever>, just as you can generate Ctrl-<whatever> by pressing
Escape twice followed by <whatever>.)  Unless dwm is intercepting Escape
followed by #, in which case I don't know what to tell you.