nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: should restricted mode disallow --locking?

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: should restricted mode disallow --locking?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 14:49:04 -0500

Benn Schulenberg:
> (But... seen like that, we could also let rnano read the rcfiles (and
> ignore settings that are not allowed, like backups).  Because it seems
> that rvim does read ~/.vimrc.

Sounds right to me.

> If the person who writes the script that invokes rnano doesn't want to
> allow the user to customize nano's settings, they can add
> --ignorercfiles.  Would it be too late to change that?)

I figure it's more "making nano do what it's supposed to do".  Unlike
some other changes that would disrupt workflow too much, this would
allow greater flexibility, since it doesn't add new features under these
circumstances so much as enable them.

Although the change should certainly be documented somewhere, to avoid
confusion.