nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] vertical scroll arrows

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] vertical scroll arrows
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 20:04:13 -0600

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:53:15 -0600
Brand Huntsman <address@hidden> wrote:

> The constant show feature displays percentage at cursor. The
> scrollbar displays percentage of the line at the top of current page.
> It also subtracts screen height from total lines, so 100% is when
> last line can be seen. The new patch floors instead of rounding so
> the values will be a little closer, but still not exact. I don't
> think it should use the same formula as cursor position, they don't
> represent the same thing.

Is there anything that tracks line usage of soft-wrapped lines or is all
determined at render time?

The scrollbar is completely inaccurate (useless) when soft-wrapping is enabled.
Displaying cursor position (like constant show) also won't work because there
is no way to know if first or last line is scrolled off the screen, and arrows
can't be accurately displayed.

Is there anything else that might cause issues with the scrollbar?