nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [BUG] "mistakes" in wrong rc file

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [BUG] "mistakes" in wrong rc file
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 11:48:49 +0100

Op 15-01-18 om 08:41 schreef Brand Huntsman:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:57:09 +0100 Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>
wrote:
Another problem is that nothing gets printed after window_init(), so the
rcfile_error() in color_to_short() is never seen.

Moving the above call fixes this problem.  Except that the error message
gets printed without any carriage returns.  :|

No messages should be sent after the initscr() call. The patch at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52871 parses the interface colors immediately,
just like syntax colors. And then set_colorpairs() reads them from colortype
structs just as it does syntax colors.

Thanks for that patch.  I had seen it but was busy.  Will apply it some time
soon.

Another option (hack) is to add \r after every \n that is output between
initscr() and window_init().

Nah.  Your patch fixes the problem the right way.  And I'm going to trim
that message anyway: error messages should be short, they shouldn't print
out half of the manual.

Benno