nano-devel

[Nano-devel] building fails for lack of libncurses-dev but configure doe

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] building fails for lack of libncurses-dev but configure does not fail
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 21:51:20 +0100

Op 02-01-18 om 19:44 schreef mtsio:
I tried to build this version and after configure finished without errors, I ran make which complained that couldn't find "curses.h" (or something similar). So, I installed libncurses-dev and run configure again and make without errors. But, I suppose configure should give an error about this (?)

Configure does give a warning when it can't find any curses header files.
I don't know how this detection of slang and/or curses actually works.
If you have suggestions or a patch for how to do this better... I'm all
ears.

Benno