nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Running bash script in Nano editor. And I have some problem

From: Tutchapon Sirisaeng
Subject: [Nano-devel] Running bash script in Nano editor. And I have some problem. Really need your help, please.
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 07:35:37 +0000

Hello,

I'm student in KMUTT University in Thailand. Now I'm doing senior project that relate to Nano editor.
I just want to exceute some script file when exit nano with saved file.
So, I just added the execute script command in Nano's source code. and It seems like working well

But, there is some problem, if the script file which I want to execute after exit and saved.
Having input or prompt such as "read" command. when this script execute after user was exiting program and saved the file.
It was stuck. Only way to get out of it is restart the machine.

My purpose is I just want a user can input someting when exiting and saved. Like a prompt for user can take input in.
I really don't know how to make that way happen. Could you guide how to make it work? Are there some other ways to make it.

P.S. I just asked this problem in Stackoverflow.com. You cen see it in this url https://stackoverflow.com/q/45822222/7840820?sem=2

Best Regards.