nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] adding a word-completion feature to nano

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] adding a word-completion feature to nano
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 20:02:22 +0200

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016, at 19:40, Sumedh Pendurkar wrote:
> Is it okay if I assume everything except a-zA-Z0-9 and _ as separators
> between two words?

No.  Use 'is_word_mbchar(char_pointer, FALSE)' to determine
whether a character forms part of a word.  See src/prompt.c
and src/move.c how this is used.

> or are there any cases that i am missing out?

Yes: á, ŝ, ü, µ, Ⰱ, ሜ, ઋ, and thousands of other characters.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Accessible with your email software
                          or over the web