nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] streamlining a bit of syntax coloring

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] streamlining a bit of syntax coloring
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 19:37:06 +0530

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016, at 16:49, Rishabh Dave wrote:
>> and it is initialized as soon as pairnum is
>> initialized (change in color.c)
>
> Okay.  Functionality is good.  When you've fixed the above,
> send a signed-off patch -- which would be best to do always,
> because the commit message is an essential part of a change.

Signed patch is attached. It was kind of difficult to write commit
message mostly due to my understanding of the changes.

I am curious regarding the addition of a variable to colortype: can't
we replace the instances of variable attributes by the expression
initializing attributes; i.e. -

    wattron(edit, (bright) ? (COLOR_PAIR(varnish->pairnum) | A_BOLD) :
COLOR_PAIR(pairnum));

    wattroff(edit, (bright) ? (COLOR_PAIR(varnish->pairnum) | A_BOLD)
: COLOR_PAIR(pairnum));

I know it is now just previous block of statements wrapped into a too
long statement but it would save a variable which we use only a couple
of times (learnt form you  :) ). That is until... we are looking
forward to use it heavily.