nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch

From: Mike Scalora
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 06:28:55 -0600

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Yes, the magic line case is the only one I know of.
>>
>> I think I would prefer a different solution: just comment
>> the magic line and add a new one.
>
> Maybe this is not a good idea.  If it complicates things, then just
> forget it.

I'm glad you changed your mind about that. I didn't think it was a
good idea but I wasn't sure if I had a good reason except an opinion
about user expectation. It would also make undo/redo more complicated.

> Other small problem  Run 'src/nano +69 README', then type:
> M-3  M-3
> M-4  M-4
> M-U  M-U  M-U  M-U
>
> See how always the cursor is on the C of "Current".
> Now do:
> M-E  M-E  M-E  M-E
>
> See how the cursor is first on the last of the hashes,
> then on the u of "Current".  That shouldn't be so.  It
> should stay on the C.

Fixed. I thought this was going to be painful but it turns out I just
had to be mindful of when I was time traveling forward or backwards
and order the changes correctly.

-Mike