nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] looking at cgit...

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] looking at cgit...
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 12:20:35 -0400

On 07 Apr 2016 17:49, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Looking at http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nano.git/ it says under the
> header:
>
>   Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the repository.
>
> Comparing with coreutils and findutils, this line should say: "GNU nano".
> (Or maybe we could be a bit more wordy: "GNU nano -- the friendly editor".)
>
> But how to do that?  Changing it locally has no effect.  Do we have to ask
> the Savannah administrators?

the description file lives in the git repo on the server and it's not
possible to modify it via standard git commands

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit/

How does a project admin update the "description" file for the web interface?

Unfortunately nothing has been implemented to allow the project administrator
to do this from the web interface. Fortunately this doesn't need to change
very often. Please submit a support request [1] and a Savannah Admin will
happily make the changes for you.

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=additem&group=administration
-mike