nano-devel

[Nano-devel] RFC: should smarthome work in the statusbar?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] RFC: should smarthome work in the statusbar?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 18:17:30 +0100

Hi all,

Currently, when typing something at the statusbar prompt
(for example after a ^W or ^R) and one wants to change
something at the start of the input, when one presses
Home, and one accidentally has started one's input with
a Space, nano will not go to the very start of the input
(when smarthome is set), but to the first non-space.

I think this is wrong.  The prompt area is not a flowing
piece of (program) text where you want Home to go not all
the way to column 1 but to the first non-white character
on the line.  In the prompt area Home and End should just
move to the very start and end of the input, in my opinion.

What do you think?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own