nano-devel

[Nano-devel] time for another release?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] time for another release?
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 11:29:37 +0100

Hi Chris,

Some fifteen bugs have been fixed in SVN trunk since the
release of 2.4.3.  One of those bugs is a crash [1].  And
another is the failure in updating the file's total size
when undoing/redoing things [2].  So... I think it's time
for another release.  What do you say?

Oh, if so, please tell me what number you want to give it,
so I can update the docs to match.

(The best way to go about it would be to first create a
branch, at whatever point you think is appropriate, and
then do the release process on that branch.  It would
mean that I don't have to stop committing to trunk; and
we don't get the churn of the PO files in trunk either.)

Benno

[1]  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45531
[2]  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45523

The other fixed bugs are:
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46492

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46532
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46503
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46543
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46545
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46541

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46420
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45409
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46591
  And an initialization failure that doesn't have a bug number.

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin