nano-devel

[Nano-devel] [patch] rolling the help lines

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] [patch] rolling the help lines
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 21:51:43 +0200

Hi all,

The two help lines at the bottom of the screen are a nice
feature for new users of nano.  But on any normal-sized
terminal, only twelve of the available shortcuts are shown.
The most important ones are there, sure, but not useful ones
like WhereIs Next, Mark Text, Indent Text, Undo, Redo, Prev
Word, Next Word...

I've always wished for the ability to let the help lines cycle
through all the available shortcuts.  Attached patch makes this.
With it, M-; "rolls" the help lines to the left, and rolls around
to the beginning when the end is reached.

Now that I've made it, I doubt that anyone will ever use it.  :)

But... what do you think?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders