nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] undoing deletions at the tail of the file adds a line

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] undoing deletions at the tail of the file adds a line
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 10:50:54 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015, at 20:30, Mark Majeres wrote:
> On 6/2/15, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Run for example 'src/nano --ignorercfiles +77 README'.
> > Try a <Down>; nothing happens, we're at the tail.
> >
> > Now type: <Backspace>  <Backspace>  M-U  M-U
> > and then <Down>;  the cursor goes down one line;
> > an extra line has been added.
>
> I attached a revised patch.  Please see if it solves the problem.

Yes, that fixes the problem fully and nicely.

But... when one does 'src/nano --ignorercfiles +77 README'
and then <Left> <Left> and then types ten times <Delete>,
one has to type ten times M-U to get the period back.

It would be nice if it could somehow prevent deleting the
magicline a second time in a row.  However, this is already
better than not putting the cursor back where it was, so if
it's too difficult to prevent multiple magicline deletions,
this will be fine.

Regards,

Benno

--