nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] questions about uniquely numbered backups

From: Robert Funnell
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] questions about uniquely numbered backups
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 17:10:53 -0400 (EDT)

From: Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>
To: Nano <address@hidden>

Hi Benno,

Maybe there is a better algorithm for generating a unique ID?
Wouldn't using the system time, to the nearest second, be sufficient?

-Mark

I'm not really much of a nano user, but I would argue strongly in favour of real version numbers (not just unique ID's). I find them extremely useful. (It would be nice if emacs and nano used the same scheme.)

- Robert