nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] undoing replacings in a marked region goes wrong

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] undoing replacings in a marked region goes wrong
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:50:40 +0200

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015, at 15:55, Mark Majeres wrote:
> On 4/1/15, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> > However, when the selection is upside down, it does a replace
> > in the whole file.  To reproduce: 'src/nano +99 README', and:
> >
> > M-A  <Up>  <Up>  <Up>
> > M-R  the  <Enter>  XXX  <Enter>  A
> >
> > It has replaced 28 occurrences instead of just one.
>
> This is working fine for me.  Only one occurrence is being replaced.
>
> src/nano -I +99 README

Also with -I, a reverse selection stil replaces all.  :|

Your patch is against r5166.  I thought maybe r5169 could interfere.
But "updating" to version 5166 and applying the patch still exhibits
the full-replacement behaviour.  :(  Weird!

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow