nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] the names in the Easter egg

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] the names in the Easter egg
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 22:52:08 +0100

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014, at 04:48, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> All valid points, but Nano would not exist without the support of
> several people who have never contributed much in the way of code
> (including Mr Kolb and several of my employers).  The project is
> definitely more than just code.

Certainly.

> I think retroactively removing people would seem harsh,

I don't think it would be harsh.  Things change, ideas change,
criteria change.  The mentioned translators probably don't even
know that they are in the easter-egg list -- if they did, I would
have expected at least one of them to make a token protest,
for being given too much honour, since most of them are also
already mentioned in the THANKS file.

> but am happy
> to make it a policy that in the future just contributing translations
> is insufficient to get into the credits, simply because it would be
> difficult to maintain such a list and would presumably grow without
> bound.

Okay.

> We should probably thank the TP itself, however.

Yes, that is a good idea, hadn't thought of that.  Will do.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow