nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.3.4

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.3.4
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 09:26:50 +0100

Here comes the threadomanther!

Hi Chris, Benno and the rest,

El dj 05 de 06 de 2014 a les 12:13 -0400, en/na Chris Allegretta va
escriure:
> On the topic of further releases, are there major features outstanding
> here or should we switch gears and start planning for the 2.4.0
> release?

While on a plane two days ago, I went ahead and started updating
Debian's nano packaging as it's a bit arcane after years of no releases
and no real action from me, and also wondered about what to release with
Debian jessie.

jessie will freeze around September, so if I want to go with something
newer than 2.2.6, it's time to start deciding what.

Ideally, I'd love to be in the position where I can chose between 2.2.7,
with all of the patches that have been collected in SVN and maybe fish
in all major repo distros to see if there's anything interesting, and
2.4.x or at least 2.4.0rcX. Not sure if we'll be able to get to release
candidates during the summer, though.

So, with Debian hat on, what do people think I should be doing?

--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/