nano-devel

[Nano-devel] redoing cutting-to-end fails

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] redoing cutting-to-end fails
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 21:10:53 +0200

> > Any displacement of the cursor should reset the buffer,
> > also when the cursor returns to the same spot afterward.
>
> Ok, I put `em back.  New version is attached.

Hm.  That goes wrong when the first ^K is done while the
cursor is someways into the line.   When it's a single ^K,
^U works fine; but when it are multiple ^Ks, the first line
is lost.  (And the undo gets split into two -- undesirable.)
So... we will leave things as they are for now.

Something else.  Undoing any series of ^Ks puts back the
cursor where it was when the series started.  But only when
cut-to-end isn't set.  With M-K toggled on, any undo will put
the cursor at the end of the pasted-back region.  Worse: a
redo will only cut part of the stuff that was cut originally.

To reproduce, go to the middle of some line and do:
<M-K>  ^K  ^K  ^K  <M-U>  <M-E>  <M-U>  <M-E>...

Multiple copies of the second line that was cut start
appearing.

Benno