nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano 2.3.3 way slower (w/colorization?)

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano 2.3.3 way slower (w/colorization?)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:21:11 +0200

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014, at 11:57, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> (Is there some simple program that I can run that will hog the
> CPU and thus reliably "slow down" the computer?

This doesn't help.  Running a grep in an endless loop on two
terminals puts both cores at 99%, but nano on a third terminal
still feels just as fast and responsive as when the machine is
idle.

The only place where I can sense that nano is slow, is when
backspacing over a line that contains a string, then the cursor
seems to falter and stutter, both when the machine is idle and
under full load, only a bit more noticeable in the latter case.

Benno