nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] the default whitespace indicators

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] the default whitespace indicators
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:53:00 +0100

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014, at 0:07, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Can I suggest not using middle dot, which is a valid character in
> Catalan? Maybe a bullet, •,U+2022.

Ehm... the bullet is too "fat", I've tried it: it makes text less readable
and the character for tabs less conspicuous.  Furthermore, the bullet
is a valid character in many languages, and the guillemet is in French.

So... no, the "»·" are a good and pretty default for most people --
Catalans and French and mathematicians may wish to change the used
characters in their nanorc.

Regards,

Benno