nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] going up and down through apparent lines when softwrap

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] going up and down through apparent lines when softwrap is on
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 18:57:50 -0500

On 2/27/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Three years ago Noé Falzon posted a patch to make nano's cursor
> move up and down through *apparent* lines instead of logical lines.
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2011-06/msg00000.html
>
> The patch still applies fine and the result works for me.
> I like this functionality and would like to make this change.
>
> Any comments, objections, amendments?

I hate to say it but I feel like that sort of change should be behind
a flag/rc option, since it's not always visually easy to tell that a
soft-wrapped line is soft-wrapped, and an easy way to find out for
sure is to go to the line above/below.  I expect the current behavior
and vim/emacs also seem to work this way by default.