nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] line numbering

From: sebastian
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] line numbering
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 15:23:32 +0200

Thanks for your reply.

I am familiar with nano's line numbering paradigm, as I'm using/liking
the editor a lot.

Still, I personally believe that (optional) line numbers along the
lefthand side, as found e.g. in vim would improve the user experience.
Further, there seem to be users "out there" who were looking for such
a feature before.

If time permits, I will go about adding support for line numbering as
described above and provide a patch, then its up to each user to
decide what to do with it.

I am adding two mockups, so you get an idea about what I have in mind.
The first one displays line numbers in gray, the second one sticks
with nano's b/w color scheme.

Best,
-sebastian