nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.0.8

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.0.8
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:08:34 -0400

I'm confused. What's in 2.0.8 that isn't in 2.1?  All I've done is added strings AFAIK, I even spot checked after doing the sync and didnt see a huge loss in strings.  Do the gettext components not do the right thing in this case?  if so that seems pretty poor.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Allegretta wrote:
> 2008/08/24 - GNU nano 2.0.8 is what she said.  This release

Ouch.  When making a release on the old branch of nano, the latest
translations shouldn't be pulled in from the TP -- because those
translations are for the 2.1 branch.  In the 2.0.8 tarball all PO
files are incompletely translated, while in the previous version
around 15 were fully translated.  Please reverse the TP-sync commit
on the 2.0 branch.

Benno