nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Translation updates

From: Jean-Philippe Guérard
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Translation updates
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:05:49 +0200

Le 2008-08-12 22:27:44 +0200, Benno Schulenberg écrivait :

> Some of the messages in the new undo code are somewhat graphic but
> do not clearly convey that they are serious program errors.
> Attached patch remedies this.  (I'm unsure whether "Couldn't match
> current undo line" is an internal error, though.)

As a side note to the current discussion, could we go back to the way we
were working previously for translations updates.

There was an agreement to give a one week notice to translators before
publishing a new version. Thus enabling the new version to be published
with up-to-date translations. Which in itself is a reward for the
translator :)

Currently, the published version of nano are never up-to-date regarding
translation (as the po are updated after the version is published),
giving the impression that the translator is doing a sloppy job.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

--
Jean-Philippe Guérard