nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: Questions regarding your rnano.1 man page, relicensing,

From: Thijs Kinkhorst
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: Questions regarding your rnano.1 man page, relicensing, etc.
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:55:31 +0200

Hi David, others,

On Friday 10 August 2007 21:18, David Ramsey wrote:
> Since this would seem to apply retroactively now that the GNU GPL 3 is
> out (which I'm not sure was intended), I'd like to fix this.  Since you
> own the copyright on some of rnano.1, I'd appreciate it if you could
> comment on the nano-devel mailing list, or at least talk to Jordi
> Mallach about this, since you originally sent your rnano.1 man page in
> for Debian.  The main contenders for man page relicensing are
> GPL-3-or-later, GFDL-1.2-or-later, or a dual-license between the two, if
> you prefer one of those.  Also, I'd like to assign copyright on the
> source and documentation to the FSF, and I'd need your okay if I were to
> do that anyway.

This is to let you know that I approve of any licence change to a
licence (or combination of licences), as you see fit, reasonably considered to
be "free". For practical purposes, I'd prefer it if it were to be DFSG-free.

Please choose a licence that fits the rest of your documentation
licence best.

I'd gladly transfer my copyrights to the FSF. Let me know if you need any more
information or clarification from me.

Thanks,
Thijs