nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:48:32 -0400

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 10:59:03PM -0500, David Ramsey wrote:
> Same preference here, especially after reading through some of the
> proposed alternatives (no offense to anyone of course).  The GPL3/GFDL2
> dual licensing Jordi proposed doesn't sound too bad to me, though, if
> the FSF decides to start caring about it (see below).

Yup, if we have to it seems a reasonable alternative.

In general my reading of the GPL 3 is that it's a pretty reasonable
license in its final form, and I can't think of any good reasons why one
would not want a text editor to be licensed with it.  Having not seen
any substantial arguments to the contrary I want to lend my support of
changing the code license to GPL3.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v4sw7CUPYhw5ln6pr5Pck4ma7u7Lw0m6g/l7DUi5e6t5Ab6THen7g6Ma29s5r3p-4 hackerkey.com