nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: A suggestion - set and goto mark

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: A suggestion - set and goto mark
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:41:08 -0400

Ken Tyler wrote:

> Something that a few people might find handy might be some sort of
> ability to set marks at various lines (and columns?) in the buffer(s)
> and be able to move between them.

Sounds interesting, but it can't go into nano 2.0 due to the feature
freeze.  I can still add it to the TODO, but it may need some rewording
("setting a mark" sounds too much like what Ctrl-^ does).  Any
suggestions there?

> Are there any available keys for a pair of "set mark" and "goto mark"
> introducers followed by a numeric of F key.

Meta-U and Meta-E are available, but I'd like to keep them reserved for
Undo and Redo when they're implemented.  Maybe Meta-' and Meta-`, with
F17 and F18 as function key aliases?