nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [patch] documented option texts

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [patch] documented option texts
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 12:02:12 -0400

Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached patch makes a few changes to the man and info pages.  It adds
> the description of -H (--historylog) to the info document,

Good catch.  Applied.

> replaces "cancels out" with "overrules" (in my opinion a bit clearer,
> as -c also quickly removes any message),

Applied (I also added it to a spot you missed in nanorc.sample).

> replaces "[ ]" with "< >" in the info document (as "[ ]" has too much
> the meaning of "optional"), removes some superfluous "[]" in the
> synopsis, puts -x after -v and -w,

More good catches.  Applied (I made usage() use < > as well).

> and changes the wording a bit here and there.

Applied with a few tweaks (e.g. I just noticed that the description of
how nano saves emergency files switches from the active to the passive
voice between sentences; this is now fixed).