nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: bug in indent/unindent

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: bug in indent/unindent
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 17:26:58 -0400

Benno Schulenberg wrote:

<snip>

> That's okay.  I mainly use nano to edit config files and other simple
> things, so I don't think I'll need to use its indenting feature any
> time soon.

Even so, I think I'll add a question to the FAQ about why Meta-[ acts
strangely, so that end users don't have to master the arcane arts of
terminal usage to find it out themselves.

>> By the way, about what you were saying about M-_: M-- works in
>> rxvt-unicode as well as the console, but nowhere else I've tested.
>
> Uhm, you mean ^_ and ^-.  :)

Yes.  It must be one of those days.

> Yes, very strange.

Just when you thought terminals couldn't get any more twisted...

<snip>

> No problem.  Most people will probably learn to use M-G -- much more
> mnemonic.

That's what I figured too.  Thanks for the feedback, in any case.