nano-devel

[Nano-devel] updates...

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] updates...
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:23:23 -0500

Busy again, but I've made some more progress:

* refactored file browser code to fix long-standing problems; Pico
compatibility extensions are now handled in their own function for ease
of use, and refreshing the window or typing characters at the "Go To
Directory" prompt after tab completion will now draw the file browser
contents again instead of the edit window contents

* entering the help browser at the prompt and canceling back out of it
will now keep the cursor where it was before instead of moving it to the
end of the string; this should be the case for canceling out of the "Go
To Directory" prompt and, afterwards, the file browser, but I'm stumped
at the moment as to how to fix it

* documented the lack of quote escaping in rcfile string parameters as
suggested by John M. Gabriele, with a few wording tweaks, in both
nanorc.5 and nanorc.sample; as for his Python nanorc.sample regex
problem, which I'm not sure how to fix either, if some Python guru wants
to step up, it would definitely be appreciated; his idea of merging any
redundant information in the info page into the manpage and removing the
info page does sound appealing, as it would be less work to maintain,
but that's something to consider for 1.3.12; note that I *really* don't
want to go the route of some GNU software in having an info page that
documents everything and a manpage that just says "see the info page",
or the reverse; how widely used is the info page compared to the
manpage?

* minor cosmetic manpage and nanorc.sample updates, including removal of
unneeded comments in rnano.1

Since it's been a while since the last release, the long-standing memory
corruption problem is only fixed in a patch right now, and my
refactoring of the file browser code needs some testing, I'm thinking of
putting out 1.3.11pre1 in a few days.  Comments?