nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates (mostly bugfixes)

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates (mostly bugfixes)
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:46:51 -0400

Jordi Mallach wrote:

<snip>

>This doesn't make too much sense. I have added a missing header to the
>file, but I can't see how this error is related to that. If it keeps
>failing, can you tell me what version of gettext you have installed, and
>the output of:
>
>msgfmt --statistics -Ccv zh_TW ?

Never mind, it works now with your fixes.  Incidentally, I'm using
gettext 0.14.3, and here's the output for the old zh_TW.po:

zh_TW.po:20: plural handling is a GNU gettext extension

zh_TW.po:20: format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr[0]' for
argument 1 are not the same

zh_TW.po:26: plural handling is a GNU gettext extension

zh_TW.po:26: format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr[0]' for
argument 1 are not the same

zh_TW.po:32: plural handling is a GNU gettext extension

zh_TW.po:32: format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr[0]' for
argument 1 are not the same

zh_TW.po:38: plural handling is a GNU gettext extension

zh_TW.po:38: format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr[0]' for
argument 1 are not the same

zh_TW.po:138: plural handling is a GNU gettext extension

zh_TW.po:1490: plural handling is a GNU gettext extension

zh_TW.po:1490: format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr[0]' for
argument 1 are not the same

msgfmt: found 11 fatal errors

>>Unless I get inspired regarding how to actually do it, I wouldn't mind
>>postponing it either.

Forgot to mention one thing: if anyone else wants to send a patch to
implement it before the eventual feature freeze for 1.4, I'll certainly
look at it.

<snip>

>I don't want to start banging the release drum. I was just looking at
>the (now quite short) TODO and wondered what was left before Chris and
>you call for freeze. :) That's the only feature left in there, and it
>looks quite minor to me.

Okay.  It's just complicated to implement.  As things are now, there'd
either have to be a version of findnextstr() that worked on char arrays,
or the list of filenames would have to be put into a temporary
filestruct, and both solutions are ugly in some ways.