nano-devel

[Nano-devel] prompt reappears at the wrong place when exiting nano

From: Martin Olsson
Subject: [Nano-devel] prompt reappears at the wrong place when exiting nano
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:43:19 -0800

Hi,

I was wondering about this bug-like thing that happens with nano on some machines I use. Let's say I type "clear", "ls -al" and then "nano somefile.txt". Now later when I exit nano one of two things happen.

1. the console screen reappears with the prompt right below the line where I typed "nano somefile.txt"

2. the console screen reappears with the prompt somewhere in the middle of the old "ls -al" output

Is it a nano problem or a shell problem? How can I fix this?

mvh
martin