nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano-1.3.5 russian input bug

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano-1.3.5 russian input bug
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:02:15 +0100

--- Arthur Ivanov <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>if i install 1.3.5 with same options ... i can't input russian text in
>nano editor.
>
>every time when i put russian character i get K22D32 bla-bla stuff.. in
>1.3.4 - are works fine ..
>
>workaround of 1.3.5 bug is $ LANG="C" nano-1.3.5, then UI changed to
>english and russian text in koi8 putting all right.
>
>but this way abnormal... i think you work on unicode and other stuff
>with ncurses and slang .. and forgot about small russian country with
>koi8r locale ;)
>
>please fix ;)

You're right about the Unicode, since there's some code in 1.3.5 for
reading in UTF-8 sequences, although its UTF-8 support won't be finished
until 1.3.6.

I think the problem can be worked around with luit from XFree86/X.Org.
If you leave your LANG and other variables set to ru_RU.KOI8-R, and run
nano as follows:

"luit nano"

does anything change?