nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working atstatusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD on

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working atstatusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD on xterm
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 23:01:43 -0400

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 10:58:38AM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> --- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm a bit confused here.  If keypad() is used all the time, it's the
> equivalent of -K's being off all the time.  I was thinking that if we're
> using keypad() all the time (so we don't have to worry about conflicting
> escape sequences or, indeed, any escape sequences), and the only problem
> with it is the Delete/Backspace problem, then the only workaround needed
> is for that one possibility, and --enable-whatsitsname would enable that
> workaround.

I was under the impression there were other cases where -K had solved
the issue besides the FreeBSD backspace issue.

> >For the issue at hand though, why don't we just handle Alt-[-F and H on
> >the statusbar?  Unless we're missing other stuff, well I guess -K is a
> >hack and will always be missing stuff.... :-)
>
> The patch that didn't work on Jordi's box did that.  I've tried again,
> though, and it seems to work at least when compiled on my account on his
> server (and of course on my box):
>
> http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanohomeend3-patch.txt
>
> It handles those keys and also makes do_help() only set keypad() on edit
> instead of on both edit and bottomwin, which appears to work as well,
> seeing as the input to it is read only by the edit window.

I made a separate implementation that seemed to work on my debian system
with gnome-terminal and xterm.   Jordi can you verify if this fixes this
issue when you get a chance?

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001