nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working at statusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD o

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] more on Home/End not working at statusbarw/ALT_KEYPAD on xterm
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 21:46:52 +0200

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 12:29:36PM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> So it appears that the only non-hackish solutions to this problem are to
> have all FreeBSD users use -K, to implement -d (using Lee's hack when -d
> is used) and have all FreeBSD users use it when not using -K

Well, forcing people to use an option just because they use OS foo or
bar sounds hackish to me. I guess I would prefer doing a configure check
for FreeBSD and doing magic for them on the fly, so they don't need to
use -K.

> , or to
> implement -d and remove -K if indeed the main reason for -K's continued
> existence is this Backspace/Delete problem.

This sounds good, too, if -K's only reason to exist is this problem
still.

> In light of this, my patch would fix the statusbar for me when using -K
> but break it for FreeBSD users whether they were using -K or not, so it
> shouldn't go in.  Since I can work around it for the time being by not
> using -K, it's relatively minor anyway.

You mean the current patch I tested the other day, right? So what'd be
the correct solution, again? I'm a bit confused by -d, -K, non-FreeBSD
and FreeBSD at this point of the mail. What would be the long term,
clean solution?

Thanks for investigating David!

Oh, I dunno how many of you nano-devel subscribers are subscribed to
help-nano too. Sometimes users ask questions, and it'd be cool if a few
more people subscribed to help helping them.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/