nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: Compiling with NANO_SMALL

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: Compiling with NANO_SMALL
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:00:24 -0800 (PST)

David Benbennick:
>I'm working on updating my patch for CVS.  Noticed that cut.c version
>1.56 had lots of #ifndef NANO_SMALL brackets taken out from the
>mark-handling code of do_uncut_text().  Was this intentional?  I don't
>see why, and there's nothing in the ChangeLog about it.

It was due to the uncutting changes for Pico compatibility, specifically
the uncutting-to-end if the cursor wasn't at the beginning of the line.
The only way to get uncut-to-end behavior was to set marked_cut to 2 at
the beginning of do_uncut_text(), and the only way that I could see to
get nano with NANO_SMALL defined to follow it was to remove the #ifdefs
blocking the code.  In any case, marked_cut will only be 0 or 2 when
NANO_SMALL is defined.

>Also, Nano fails to compile with NANO_SMALL defined.  The attached
>patch fixes it.

Odd.  I just tried compiling the latest CVS with --enable-tiny (with and
without --disable-nls) and it went fine.  Are you using other options
with --enable-tiny when compilation fails?

I did find one other minor problem while testing that, though; version()
still assumes that --enable-tiny automatically turns on --disable-nls,
so if you use both together when compiling, --disable-nls won't be
displayed when you use "nano --version".  The attached patch just moves
the display of "--disable-nls" up so it gets displayed.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag