nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] patch update, etc.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] patch update, etc.
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:29:38 -0800 (PST)

David Benbennick:
>>That isn't my solution.  It has always been like that in nano.  My patch
>>just moved that code up a bit.
>
>Oops; I must have misread that.
>
>>But now that you point it out, perhaps a
>>better solution is to put
>>
>>#ifndef KEY_IC
>>#define KEY_IC 274
>>#endif /* !KEY_IC */
>>
>>in nano.h, then take out the #ifndef USE_SLANG around the KEY_IC >handling
>>bit.  I wonder how portable the number 274 is.  Ncurses uses 331, and
>>slang.h defines SL_KEY_IC as 322 (but doesn't define KEY_IC).
>
>Where'd you get 274 if ncurses uses 331 and slang uses 322?

Never mind; now that I'm in front of my Linux box I see
that it's the value for SL_KEY_IC, and that nano.h defines
KEY_DC as the value of SL_KEY_DELETE.  For now, I've gone
ahead and fixed nano.h to define KEY_IC as SL_KEY_IC and
KEY_DC as SL_KEY_DELETE (instead of its hardcoded value)
and removed the associated hack as you suggested; afaict, it works perfectly.
I have no idea as to its portability,
but referencing the defined values in slang.h instead of
hardcoding them should be a bit more portable.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag