nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nanodocs and nanongettext2 committed

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nanodocs and nanongettext2 committed
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:11:06 -0500

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 08:48:35AM -0800, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> I'm going to look into the justification bugs next, and see if I can (a)
> fix them and (b) get the fixes into nanomiscbugs2.patch.

The example you sent,

> through their computer files" (Reno qtd. in Hiller and Cohen 172).
> While breaking into a system, i.e. getting unauthorized access to a

is not a bug.  There is only one "space" after the period: the new line.
Justification shouldn't make the file bigger, and shouldn't create two
spaces after periods for people who don't want them.

> but it does remove trailing whitespace on justification, as
> nanomiscbugs2a.patch did.

For the same reason, justification should also keep "two" spaces after
periods that end lines.  For example, justifying

foo.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

should, and does, produce

foo.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

with a space after the dot.  Note this behavior is compatible with Pico.