nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Beyond Nano

From: Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
Subject: [Nano-devel] Beyond Nano
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:58:09 +0800

Hello all.

First of all, thank you for all your effort that you have put for Nano, whether
the code, the homepage, the translation or any contribution that you have done.
Thank you!

The only thing that I would like to see is nano can be evolved into a very
general text editing engine, so that other people that would like to create a
text based software, can use the nano engine in their development.

One software that I think can benefit from Nano is a translation software that
emulates the functionality of Kbabel, GTranslator or poEdit, minus the X11
requirement.

Others may tell me to use Emacs with the PO mode, but I would rather not using
Emacs because I think it is too big.

Well, how about coding it myself? The truth is, I am not a coder, and I have
learn very little about C. But I hope someday, someone can take up the task.

Once again, Thank you for all your effort.

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan
Malay Team Leader