nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] more on color syntax highlighting

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] more on color syntax highlighting
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:31:58 +1000

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, David Benbennick wrote:

> Nano uses regcomp() and regexec() internally.  man 7 regex is supposed to
> be the reference for the regular expression syntax.  Yeah, \< and \> don't
> appear there, but they seem to do the job.  When I use [[:<:]] regcomp()
> returns an error, "Invalid character class name".

Hello,

I can get the colors I want but there seems to be a few inconsistancies
with the man page like you point out, or it could be my inexperience with
regular expressions.

Something that might be worth adding that show up one of my pet hates :

# trailing rubbish
color brightgreen,brightgreen " +$"

Ken.