nano-devel

[Nano-devel] marking and multibuffers

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] marking and multibuffers
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

Attached is a patch to enable preservation of marking when
adding and switching between files in multibuffer mode.
It's basically nanocaeuidetc2.patch with extensions (e. g.
open_files->file_flags) added.  Note, however, that it's
still a work in progress, and it definitely isn't bug free.
The bugs still in it that I've found are as follows:

* when inserting a file (in non-multibuffer and multibuffer
mode) with part of the current file marked, the cursor, and
hence marking, position sometimes gets changed (this occurs
in the unpatched versions of nano too); pico has this same
problem, but the final cursor position it gets is different
from nano's in some cases (I'll send a more detailed list
of some of these cases soon)
* when only part of one line is marked, marking is still
turned on when switching back to it in multibuffer mode,
but the section previously marked no longer is, even
though the entire edit window is refreshed in the case of
marking's being on

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like address@hidden from
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag